Why Cater Allen?
A banking experience that’s difficult to match.
Freestyle has chosen to offer our contractors a Cater Allen (part of Abbey and the Santander Group) business bank account, as part of the Freestyle Contractor service. As a prestigious private bank, their traditional values of courtesy, convenience and especially personal service are in line with the values of Freestyle Accounting.
WHO ARE CATER ALLEN?
By way of introduction, Cater Allen is the private banking arm of Abbey, part of Santander Private Bank UK, providing a discreet professional service, combined with competitive interest rates and the reassurance that all funds are 100% unconditionally guaranteed by Abbey National PLC.
- Read the World’s 50 Safest Banks
- Read the Santander Private Bank – Financial Security Update
- Read the Cater Allen guarantee
- Read about Cater Allen History
Cater Allen provide high quality, discreet, effective telephone banking, with an emphasis on the quality and simplicity of products, combined with easy access and attractive interest rates.
Cater Allen take pride in traditional service values and the highly professional and friendly banking service they provide to discerning individuals and businesses.
You don’t need to have a multi million pound turnover to open a Business Reserve Account with Cater Allen but you will be able to enjoy a very special range of private banking benefits, including:
- Highly competitive tiered interest rates which reward higher balances
- Free banking* on all VISA transactions and 30 debit banking transactions a month
- Full cheque book, Standing Order and Direct Debit facilities
- US dollar and euro currency accounts available
- Convenience of not having to visit a branch; choose from phone, fax, letter or internet
- outstanding personal service – a multi-skilled Client Team based here in the UK to personally handle your calls 7 days a week
- Access to your account via telephone, internet and also via a stand alone automated telephone banking system.
- Optional Gold VISA Deferred-Debit Card (subject to status) – you continue to earn interest on money spent until month-end, plus free access to VISA cash machines worldwide.
* Up to 30 banking transactions per month which include cheque withdrawals; cash machine withdrawals; card purchases including recurring transactions; Standing Orders, Direct Debits; bill payments and BACS transfers. Additional transactions are chargeable.
In addition, due to our long standing relationship with Cater Allen, there is no requirement to maintain a balance of £5000 and their monthly account balance fee of £15.00 has been waived for all clients introduced by us.
Full details of the business bank account can be found in the account factsheet and banking tariff links below.
Types of Accounts
Business Reserve Account
Earn attractive rates of interest with flexible access to your funds.
This is an instant access cheque account, available in Sterling, Euro’s and Dollars. The account allows 30 debit transactions a month for which you are not charged; no charge for credits to your account.
There is a VISA deferred debit card available for all currencies, subject to status.
Asset 30 Account
A savings account where you can access your money with no penalty, as long as you give us 30 days\’ notice.
This is a 30 day notice account for Businesses. The account is available in Sterling only.
30 days notice of any withdrawal would normally be expected, however if you need your funds without notice, then the penalty is you lose the 30 days interest on the amount withdrawn.
Term Deposit Account
A fixed term account that offers a guaranteed interest rate for the duration of your deposit, from one week to one year.
Your funds are placed on the money markets for any period from 1 week up to 1 year.
The minimum deposit is £50,000 and interest is paid upon maturity of the Term Deposit.
(NB you cannot break a Term deposit once you have entered into it)
A high transaction, instant-access account with up to 200 free transactions per statement month, available in Sterling only. This is aimed at a Business that has a high volume of monthly transactions, as the account allows you 200 debit transactions a month for which you are not charged.
There is a VISA deferred debit card available, subject to status.
Cater Allen are required to identify all Directors, Authorised Signatories and Shareholders with a holding of 25% or more, by the following:
- Valid Passport or Driving Licence – Photocopy only
- Address Document – Must be dated within the last 3 months. E.g. Bank statement or Utility Bill – Photocopy only.