In this section you will find a range of helpful articles providing useful advice on contracting. The step by step guide written by our specialist contractor accountants is a great starting point for anyone who is looking to enter the world of contracting but needs further information on how to go about it. Our article ‘Umbrella vs. Limited Company’ compares these two contractor trading structures, enabling you to make an informed choice that is right for your situation. Finally, our article on ‘contracting through a limited company’ offers a great summary of the things you need to consider when setting up your own limited company.
Our helpful articles for contractors:
- Independent Contractor Guide
An introduction to contracting in the UK including a step by step guide for any new contractor looking to begin a contracting career.
- Step By Step UK Contracting Guide
Read our step by step guide for any new contractor looking to begin a contracting career. A great starting point for any IT contractor…
- Setting Up Your Own Limited Company for Contracting
A 10-step guide to Setting Up Your Own Limited Company for Contracting.
- Checklist for Setting Up Your Own Limited Company
- Want to move from an Umbrella to a Limited Company?
We will provide all the guidance and support you need throughout your contracting career.
- Umbrella or Limited Company Comparison
Choose the right trading structure for your business.
- Comparing Umbrella Vs. Limited Company Trading Structures
Take a look at our helpful infographic to find out which trading structure best suits you.
- Contracting through a Limited Company
Read our short guide to find out a little more about contracting through a limited company or personal service company.
- 6 Steps to Marketing Yourself as a Contractor
In these difficult economic times contractors and consultants really cannot afford to sit back and wait for work to come to them. You must be proactive in promoting yourself to prospective clients and agencies.
- Are You Caught By The Agency Workers Regulations (the AWR)?
Agencies they may be very wary, or even refuse to take on any freelancer that they believe is caught by these regulations and only take on those freelancers who can demonstrate that they are not caught.
- 3 revealing Questions you must ask when hiring an accountant
If you’re looking to setup your own Limited Company for contracting and you need the help of a good accountant, then we strongly recommend you read the brief, but very valuable advice in this article.
- New to Contracting and thinking about using a Limited Company?
We can answer all your questions and take away all the complications and paperwork to make contracting through your own Limited Company stress-free and easy!
- Earn Up To 90% With a Limited Company & Leave The Paperwork To Us
We do your Admin, Company Formation, Accounts, IR35 Reviews, VAT Returns & Payroll.